Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Scared..

The distinct sound of a train on the tracks. The peculiar sound of a cicada or is it the humming of an electric bulb. I can't make out. This is Sriram's computer but I use it when ever I find it unoccupied, i.e. when he is watching TV. Finally decided to get back to blogs. 'Writing what ever comes to my mind' was what I initially intended to do. But the time being 3AM, my mind is so dazed that its not funny at all. :) It is, it is. Well, I decided that some humour and also, once in a while, some meaningful stuff has to be included in the posts.

The story for today is going to be about me. Well, self-centered that I am (lots of my friends would surely agree with this), it would be appropriate to start with a story in which i scared two kids, four women, one professor, one squirrel and two rabbits. And that is exactly what I am going to do now. Short and concise I shall keep it because there seems to be just about ten minutes before I faint or Sriram comes back to work on the computer. Since I can type with my eyes closed, I shall do that to give my eyes some rest and also test my almost-blindfold-typing skills.

The day started with me waking up at 8:30 or so and brushing my teeth and having three slices of bread with honey and milk. Consise. Short. Sorry. Forgot. Have to keep the story short right. My mistake. Thought I could try and catch the 9:07 bus and so, ran out just in time to catch it. And when i sat down in the back seat, there was this very cute little kid with her mom looking at me with her big blue eyes as if I am a rare animal in the San Diego zoo. Didn't realise the reason until I got down and walked towards the glass door and looked at my reflection.

One prof came into the lab for a student, looked at me and... well, there was no audible scream but surely there must have been a loud scream in her head, because thats how she looked. Now, I went to the bathroom and looked into the mirror only to find a caveman staring at me. Oh dear, should not take a head-bath in the night and then come to the department without combing my hair. One new lesson learnt.

The squirrel got scared when I was going to the library and the rabbit-duo froze in the middle of their run, stared at me, and then took off in a flash, while I was coming back. The second kid gave a shocked look in the Ames public library to which I cycled in the afternoon. Two ladies in the workspace got psyched when i went to register for pottery class (this time, Greg is going to teach how to make Tea pots..) and another couple of ladies when I went back to the workspace, in the eveing, to make a lidded jar and a pitcher (have to attatch the handle tomorrow).

I know I have to put a picture of myself, so that you would understand the reason why so many living organisms got scared just by looking at me. And so, here it is....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

doesn't look scaring to me :D
actually, i didn't even notice that on bus

wild wings and open skies. said...

Ha ha ha :) the above comment shows just how 'self obsessed' you really are :)

The person dint even notice!!